The focus of all activities is to nurture excellence in a Christ-centred Academic environment.
Our Educational Objectives
At OCS, our aim is to help students – accomplish the following:
- Develop Biblical values that will guide them in their decision making,-in the present and in years to come.
- Respect other students and teachers (all people) as persons of value, made in the image of Christ.
- Recognize others in their lives as instruments of God (Proverbs 27:17) to ‘sharpen’ their lives with a goal to journey through life interdependently.
- Become lifelong lovers of learning.
- Develop healthy work ethics so they – can apply themselves to the very best of their ability in all academic pursuits.
- Recognize their bodies as gifts from God (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20) to be cared for by healthy eating and regular exercise.
- Recognize, respect, and enjoy God’s creation.
- Understand the interrelatedness of the development of mind, body, spirituality, and social relationships.
At OCS, educators are learners along with our students. Ongoing professional development, both independent and collaborative learning, is a focus of our staff as we attend courses and conferences that keep us abreast of current teaching practices. This wealth of knowledge is – shared amongst our staff, and ultimately results in a better education for the students. One key element of our professional development has been a summer conference/institute at the University of Connecticut called ‘Confratute’.