The focus of all activities is to nurture excellence in a Christ-centred Academic environment.
Welcome to Our Community
Oakville Christian School is an interdenominational, independent elementary school, offering instruction from Preschool through to Grade 8. Our philosophy of academics is founded on the following:
- In Luke’s account of the life of Christ, the last recorded verse of Jesus’ life prior to his ministry years states that he grew in wisdom, in stature, in favour with God and in favour with man (Luke 2:52). From the age of 12 to the age of 30, Jesus progressed mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially in preparation for his life’s work. We believe that all of these four growth areas require attention if a child is to progress in a fully balanced manner.
- We recognize academic diversity in all classrooms and aim to respond to variations in student readiness, interest and learning profiles. We are committed to a differentiated approach to education, attending to the learning needs of particular students or small groups of students rather than to the class as a whole, as though ‘one size fits all’.
- We believe that ultimately, students should own their own learning and we strive to create an environment where students become independent learners.
- We believe that humans were created to need each other and by providing cooperative learning opportunities, we help our students live and learn in an interdependent manner.
- We believe that learning happens in us, rather than to us.
- We believe that trust, respect, and open communication are key to a healthy school community. We expect students, staff, parents, and board members to take personal responsibility for the growth and development of others. Staff and board members will strive to exemplify Biblical standards in their attitudes and lifestyles.
- We believe that student achievement is optimized when parents and teachers collaborate with students in setting goals and supporting their progress.